Thursday, December 6, 2012

Number Line


We continue to work on subtracting multiples of 10. I made these number lines out of foam board, pipe cleaners, and beads. I cut a 3 1/2 inch by 11 1/2 inch piece of foam board. At the center of each side I made a 1 inch cutI printed number lines on full sheet adhesive shipping labels. I was able to get 6 number lines on each sheet. I attached a number line to the top of the piece of foam board above the two cuts. I put a bead on a pipe cleaner and attached the pipe cleaner by folding it back on each side through the cuts.  Students slide the bead back and forth on the number line to help with subtracting multiples of 10.  You could also use this for adding multiples of 10 or modify the number line for any addition and subtraction. I'm just saying...Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment